JENNIFER ANISTON: IT'S NOT FAIR TO PLACE THE PRESSURE OF MOTHERHOOD ON WOMEN

by - November 12, 2023

 

Long-suffering Jennifer Aniston has addressed the seemingly ceaseless interest into her reproductive status, saying, rightly, that it’s “not fair to put that pressure on people.”

The actress was speaking to Carson Daly on the Today show, discussing not only her new role in upcoming film Life of Crime, but also the intense expectation placed on women to have secured children and marriage.

Daly introduced the topic with the conversation that Aniston had in February with feminist and author Gloria Steinem, during which she said that a woman’s value and worth is associated with marital status or “whether or not you’ve procreated”.

“And it’s like ‘I don’t know’. I don’t have this sort of checklist of things that have to be done and if they’re not checked then I’ve failed some part of my feminism or my being a woman or my worth or my value as a woman. Because I haven’t birthed a child or…

You May Also Like

0 Comments