How Taylor Swift built her music empire

by - November 03, 2023

 This has been a huge year for Taylor Swift. The Eras tour, which is expected to gross about $1.4bn, is a journey through all her albums, from her early country records to her more recent chart-topping pop classics.

“It’s like being bludgeoned with delight,” the Guardian’s deputy music editor Laura Snapes tells Hannah Moore about her experience at an Eras concert in Los Angeles. “The screaming was crazy, it was the loudest thing I have ever heard.”

Since her first album in 2006, Swift has been breaking records and growing her fanbase. Laura explains how she’s achieved this phenomenal success through her songwriting, PR decisions, business acumen and her relationship with her fans.“I have been a Swifty since 2007,” says Melissa Rogers, who has seen Swift perform live seven times.

Melissa tells Hannah how much Swift’s music meant to her when she worked as a nurse. “I would constantly listen to Taylor’s music before I would go into work and if I felt myself getting overwhelmed during work, I would sing her songs in my head to kind of recentre myself.”

The Guardian is editorially independent. And we want to keep our journalism open and accessible to all. But we increasingly need our readers to fund our work.

You May Also Like

0 Comments